Monday, October 02, 2006

SHOWER THOUGHTS

I'm sorry if you thought this was going to be about golden showers. Maybe another day. This is just about stuff that comes to my mind while taking a shower. I won't go through the thought process. There are many different thoughts that come to mind. This is one is about after the shower.

I have a towel warmer. I bought it a couple of years ago at Target for about $25. That is about the cheapest I've ever seen them. They pretty much run from $25 on up to ....who knows how high. There are different designs....ones that sit on the floor, ones that mount to the wall, ones that have extra shelves for folded towels.

Why am I telling you about towel warmers? Well, if by chance you are a submissive, slave, bottom...whatever word you use to identify that you are in service to someone, you might want to consider acquiring one for your Dominant.

Mine is pretty simple. It stands on the floor and is a modified S shape....more than just the two curves of an S. I have a friend that bought his mother one for Christmas last year. Her's is more like a ladder shape...sits on the floor but 'closed off' on both sides of the cross bars. I found I prefer mine. It's easier to tuck the towel in and out of the bars. It just plugs into a wall socket and has an on/off switch on the cord.

I have found this is one of my most favorite 'luxuries' in life. It was inexpensive, easy to use and something I get to appreciate every day.

So here is a bit of advice from someone who has learned through experience. Number one! They get hot!! Duh! But there is a difference between "Yummy, I have a warm towel!" and "Holy Crap! That frickin burns!" Here is how I discovered that. I have possibly the tiniest bathroom in existence outside of a motor home. So my towel warmer is tucked in the tiny space between the wall and the toilet. Well, sometimes you think the towel is covering the bar, and then your hip tells you otherwise when sitting on the toilet. This means, if it's on keep it covered with a towel.

For maximum warmth of your Dominant's towel I recommend using two towels. The 'main' towel can be folded length wise and woven in and out of the bars. A second towel, large enough to cover the entire towel warmer should then be placed over, well....the entire towel bar. This second towel does two things. It protects exposed body parts from the hot bar and it keeps the warmth in the first towel.

There are practical reasons to have a towel warmer also. If your house is anything like my old house, the towels don't dry very well in the winter. This warmer helps dry your towel more quickly, resulting in less humidity in the bathroom. This potentially keeps your bathroom less attractive to germs that like the warm humidity.

You are keeping your Dominant warm, happy and healthy.

Enjoy!
SeaDove

P.S. Lotion warmers are another wonderful thing! Although the one I had stopped working after the first year.


256.6/51

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home