Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Staying Connected

As a person in a long distance D/s relationship, I often find it hard to stay connected with my submissive. Sure, we talk on the phone. However, depending on our moods, those talks are often more about our day to day lives.

It sometimes feels like the D/s of our relationship is put on hold. I try to find ways to keep us connected on a D/s level. To not just remind him I am his Mistress, but to make him feel it....and to make me feel he is my submissive.

One way in which I have done this is with his underwear. Okay, you're either smiling or raising an eyebrow! I have control of the underwear he wears....and for that matter if he wears any.

One day a couple of months ago we met halfway between his home and mine to go underwear shopping. I asked him to determine how many pairs realistically he needed. (Allowing for times when laundry can't be done and such.) He gave me a number and we went with that.

I wanted him to have several different styles for me to choose from. We ended up with briefs(cotton and satiny ones), boxer briefs and boxers(cotton and silky). I then added a thong, a string bikini (for men) and a couple pairs of ..... sort of like very short shorts, in a silky fabric. I don't believe any of these are white. I have a list of styles and colors.

I would like to say, I was originally planning on picking those I liked from what he had and then just adding to the collection. It was his idea to 'replace' all of his. Now, I know he still has his old underwear, and that's fine. I also know he only wears what we bought.

So on any given day when he gets out of his shower and reaches into his underwear drawer he knows that he is about to put on underwear that I have deemed desirable. He is allowed to wear any of the underwear, except when I tell him a specific pair. I think he rather likes it when I tell him which pair to wear. I believe it connects him to me even more. He is following an order I have given him.

Another way in which I have tried to remind him that despite the distance his Mistress is a part of his everyday life is to have him do push ups. Not many really. Currently he only has to do 5-10 a day. I think he first thought I didn't like his body. That is not the reason for the push ups. I love biceps. They don't have to be huge, just firm. His are firm. I am not sure he even knows I've noticed, but I have. Push ups will work not only his biceps, but most of his upper body.

This is not a hard assignment and it doesn't take much time. It does make him think of me. It reminds him I am in control. He is doing this for me. And let's not forget the fact that he is doing them on the floor, where most good submissives should spend a bit of time each day.

There are other things that I control in his life....well, at least one other thing. *wink*

I also like to give an assignment every now and then. I try to make them pretty easy to do. I don't want to add negative stress to his life. These assignments are often to connect us and sometimes just to please me.

I'd love to hear if others out in blog-land have ways of keeping their long distance relationships connected....or even ideas that they may not have tried yet.

Thank you.

6 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, Blogger MissBonnie said...

you could 'play' dice games, the number rolled could correspond with how many hours/days/weeks/months till you let him cum, or how many times he has to bring himself to the edge of orgasm (great for stamina *wink*). another variation to this is he has to guess the color of your panties.

If he has a digital camera, request he takes it with him at all times and has the date and time stamp turned on..*wink* never know when his Mistress might want a pic of her man in a Position/underwear/proof of where he is/just because you want to see him...webcams are also a great source of keeping in touch.

A cock ring worn by him to work can be a nice reminder or a kitten collar also works (name tags opinional)..you could even send him colored ribbons with your name on them to tie to his cock in a pretty bow (could even combine this with dice games)

hope this helps a little I had a friend in a nine year l/d relationship with his Mistress over seas they are now married and living together 24/7..they made it work and are proof.
I have more ideas but I better leave some ideas for the others to post LOL
B

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger SeaDove1216 said...

Great ideas Bonnie! Thanks!

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger saratoga said...

Hi SeaDove-

Not to be negative, but I think the more interesting statistic is to know, of distance 'couples,' what % of a group of them remain involved with each passing year.

That a distance couple lasted 9 years, and is now together, is amazing. But that's the point- it's amazing. What 'are' the odds?

The distance relationships I've had left me feeling empty and unfulfilled, as I respond viscerally to in-person cues.

Having said that, the cock ribbon is powerful I wrote a post on it in the spring, I think.

Others, of course, include emails and sending daily journals.

When involved with a distant Mistress, I have made her picture prominent in my living space, and on one occasion, discussed constructing and altar at which to worship her.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Lady Julia said...

Wonderful entry and blog :) Loved your ideas and also Bonnie's.

One of the things I did with my fella is to establish a toy chest in his home that contains things that are for my use only. These are things I can use both when I'm there or when I opt to direct him via phone/email to use. We chose an old trunk that everyone who visits him passes by without even being aware of what it holds. There's always the tiny risk that someone will open it and that adds a little edge ;) I really only keep things in there that can mostly be explained if he has to. Every time he passes it, he thinks of me and all the things I have done (and will do) with the contents.

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Lady Julia said...

P.S. I'd love to use your entry on my website. I'm compiling resources for FemDom couples and I think this entry would fit perfectly. If you're interested, please contact me at LadyJulia@gmail.com

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger SeaDove1216 said...

saratoga, thank you for your suggestions. When I have the time I will have to search for your cock ribbon post.

We have talked about the distance and possible solutions for the long term. I don't think either of us is completely against moving for the other, if that is where our relationship takes up. However, we are both aware that moving for someone else is a big step and not one either of us is ready to do....or let the other do for that matter.

Lady Julia, thank you also for your suggestions. I have had thoughts very similar to your toy chest idea. I just have yet to implement them.

Please feel free to add this post to your website.

SeaDove

 

Post a Comment

<< Home